July was an amazing month on a personal level – I completed my first Half Ironman triathlon! From a career perspective, I started the job search and had a couple of interviews. From a personal finance perspective, how did I do on my goals?
- Cancel the second recurring payment. 50% done. I called the company and got the paperwork to cancel, but there is financial incentive to pay until mid-September (we are eligible for a refund if we pay 2 more months). Cancellation will go into effect October 1.
- Make $200 in side income from any source. 38% success. I earned $76 pet sitting after expenses.
- Talk to University about their off-campus housing directory (for our room to rent). Done! We are listed on their directory now.
- Start studying for my Nutrition Certification (the books arrived yesterday). Done – I’m half way through my course books.
- Try to keep our trip to Wisconsin to about $1,500 including hotels, gas and food for 5 people. (We have this amount available without incurring more debt). SUCCESS!! We came in at about $1,400.
I still need to sell some stuff on Kijiji (a goal left over from June), but really, I’m happy with how July turned out. I would have liked to make a little more on side income, but $76 is better than nothing.
- Apply for at least 5 new jobs (as I don’t think I’ll be able to accept the one I expect to be offered).
- Make $200 in side income – from any type of hustle!
- Set up priority chart for side hustles.
- Finish studying for my Nutrition Certification and develop initial marketing plan.
- Spend 10 hours working on blog improvements – this does not mean writing posts. This is 10 hours of SEO, marketing, design work/social media promotion with Andrea, and working through the information in HIMMB.
I don’t love my third goal – it seems to vague to me, but I don’t know how to better phrase it. For now, it will do. Those are my August goals.