June is over – where did it go? It just seems to have flown by. At the beginning of the month I set some goals to make progress on our debt payment. How did I do?
- Photograph and post the rest of the items on Kijiji – hopefully raise another $200+. FAIL. Complete failure here, didn’t even take pictures.
- Post the rental advertisement. SUCCESS!! I posted it. I don’t have a renter yet, but I did post the ad.
- Cancel two recurring payments to dedicate more $$ to debt repayment. 50% done. I cancelled one. I need Bruce to cancel the other one.
- Do a full budget review with Bruce. SUCCESS! We did this on July 3, but since I’m posting this on the 5th, I’m still considering it done.
- Contact CMA about marking/grading work. SUCCESS. I applied for a marking position. I have not had a response back, so I don’t know if I’m in yet or not.
I actually did better than I thought in June. I’m disappointed I didn’t manage to get those last few items listed on Kijiji, but I took another path instead, advertising to do babysitting and pet sitting. Which means the two dog kennels I had planned to sell I may wind up needing after all. I still need to try to sell some stuff though – we have a bed frame, two or three extra bikes, and assorted other stuff we no longer need.
- Cancel the second recurring payment.
- Make $200 in side income – from any type of hustle!
- Talk to University about their off-campus housing directory (for our room to rent).
- Start studying for my Nutrition Certification (the books arrived yesterday).
- Try to keep our trip to Wisconsin to about $1,500 including hotels, gas and food for 5 people. (We have this amount available without incurring more debt).
That’s it for now. I’ve got a lot of other stuff going on right now, but most of it is not debt related, and these goals are specifically debt related.